Civil - Structural Engineer
As a field civil or structural engineer, you will oversee construction of industrial buildings and facilities to house manufacturing equipment. Examples include concrete equipment foundations and flooring, building foundations, structural steel, roofing, siding, masonry, piping and cable bridges and supports. You will manage and motivate the contractors to complete their work safely, on time, on budget, and according to spec. You will resolve technical questions, communicate with others, process invoices & change notices, and publish regular updates. In most cases you will also interface with design engineers and corporate-level facilities engineers.
- Interface with contractor(s) to manage risks and ensure that construction is completed safely, to specification, on time, and on-budget.
- Thoroughly understand the design details, budget estimate, job scope, and schedule.
- Read and thoroughly understand bid packages, specs, and drawings.
- Participate in sub-contractor meetings.
- Effectively manage communications between the primary contractor, customer corporate engineers, and others to coordinate the work and resolve issues.
- Assure that all work meets project specs, dimensions, and standards.
- Check key deliverables such as scope of supply, quality, workmanship, and functionality to ensure that building systems are ready for use.
- Perform administrative tasks including scheduling, budget management & cost control, weekly reports, etc.
- Sign-off on new building systems and manage punch lists.
- Review and approve progress invoices and change requests.
- Collect and maintain “as-built” design information.
- Standard working time is typically 5-1/2 to 6 days per week during construction.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil or Structural Engineering (OR solid experience supervising industrial construction activities).
- 10+ years of field construction and project management experience.
- Technical familiarity with industrial building and equipment foundations, steel structures, concrete floors, roofing and siding systems, general building architectural and finishing systems, roads, fences and landscaping.
- Familiarity with industry and government specifications and standards for the above types of systems.
- General knowledge of environmental concerns and requirements.
- Familiarity with Gantt chart scheduling and software, as well as identification and mitigation of schedule risks.
- Budgeting and capital forecasting experience.
- Experienced user of AutoCAD two-dimensional drafting software.
- Good spoken and written English.
- Must be able to demonstrate effective teamwork, maintain a professional demeanor, and foster positive relationships inside and outside the team.
Send your most updated CV to email@example.com
Click the button below to fill out the form: